Current:Home > StocksNew England Revolution refuse to train after Bruce Arena's resignation, per reports -Capitatum
New England Revolution refuse to train after Bruce Arena's resignation, per reports
Ethermac View
Date:2025-04-07 03:03:57
The New England Revolution have entered crisis mode.
Two days after Bruce Arena resigned as the Revolution's head coach and sporting director, the team refused to train under interim head coach Richie Williams.
The Athletic reported the news, with ESPN confirming.
Revolution players are seeking answers around the nature of Arena's departure, which came after MLS said an investigation into "insensitive and inappropriate remarks" corroborated some elements of the allegations against the legendary head coach.
But the exact nature of Arena's remarks has not been revealed, and The Athletic reported that Williams himself had filed some of the complaints against Arena.
After a series of meetings with club leadership on Tuesday, Revolution players reportedly felt their questions were not answered to their satisfaction. When quizzed on his involvement in the investigation, Williams declined to answer. As a result, the Revs reportedly refused to participate in training.
MLS PLAYOFF PICTURE: What are chances Messi's Inter Miami reach postseason?
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Williams confirmed that training had been cancelled but called it a collective decision.
"We didn't have training today as we had a bunch of meetings between players, coaches and management," said Williams. "The length of the meetings and what was discussed we decided as a group, collectively, that we wouldn't have training today and we'd be out tomorrow."
Ahead of the press conference, a team spokesperson said that Williams would be unable to answer questions about Arena's resignation, referring media to previous statements by the league, team and Arena himself.
veryGood! (3795)
Related
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Meet Crush, the rare orange lobster diverted from dinner plate to aquarium by Denver Broncos fans
- AP Week in Pictures: Global
- After 5 sickened, study finds mushroom gummies containing illegal substances
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- EA Sports College Football 25, among most anticipated sports video games in history, hits the market
- Did the Trump gunman make a donation to Democrats? Here's what the records show.
- Nebraska governor seeks shift to sales taxes to ease high property taxes. Not everyone is on board
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Fact check of Trump, others on Day 4 of the Republican National Convention
Ranking
- The Grammy nominee you need to hear: Esperanza Spalding
- Shannen Doherty's Divorce From Ex Kurt Iswarienko Granted 2 Days After Her Death
- Travel Influencer Aanvi Kamdar Dead at 27 After Falling 300 Feet Into Gorge
- For Catholic pilgrims, all roads lead to Indy for an old-style devotion in modern stadium setting
- Sam Taylor
- Netflix’s subscriber and earnings growth gather more momentum as password-sharing crackdown pays off
- Michael Strahan’s Daughter Isabella Strahan Celebrates Being Cancer-Free
- Netflix is ending basic $11.99 plan with no ads: Here's which subscription plans remain
Recommendation
Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
Meet Crush, the rare orange lobster diverted from dinner plate to aquarium by Denver Broncos fans
Aurora Culpo Reveals Why She Was “Dumped” by Bethenny Frankel’s Ex Paul Bernon
Michael Strahan's Daughter Isabella Strahan Details Pain of Heart “Cramping” Amid Cancer Journey
McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
Recalled Diamond Shruumz gummies contained illegal controlled substance, testing finds
Cute Sandals Alert! Shop the Deals at Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale 2024 & Save on Kenneth Cole & More
Bud Light slips again, falling behind Modelo and Michelob Ultra after boycott